ARDMORE AVE STORES EVACUATED
Shortly after 2PM The Merion Fire Company assisted by the Bryn Mawr Fire Company were dispatched to 16 Ardmore Ave for a report of smoke in the building at the Tired Hands Restaurant. First arriving units found a smoke condition in the basement from an underground electrical fire under the sidewalk. The building and the neighboring stores were evacuated due to high levels of Carbon Monoxide in the basements. PECO was immediately called to respond. Firefighters remained on location for 90 minutes. There were no injuries.